Tourism & Economy Committee
Tourism and Economy Committee
This committee meets on an ad hoc basis to consider aspects of the town and our environs that would attract visitors and investment.
· Promote Hungerford as “The heart of the North Wessex Downs” in association with the local Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty organisation.
· Work with Chamber of Commerce to develop facilities that would enhance the visitor experience as a Tourist Destination.
· Establish links with key business organisations to ensure that Hungerford is considered as a potential base for inward investment.
· Maintain pressure on all Authorities for the best transport system to sustain economic development of the locality e.g electrification of the railway.
· Promotional material including Town Guide, maps etc.
· Information point
· Co-ordinate wider business interests
· Appropriate signage
· Seek feedback from visitors/tourists/businesses
Contact; Cllr Martin Crane OBE Tel; 01488 684804 ; e-mail email@example.com